2018 marked the 85 years since the attempted assassination of the then Prime Minister of Greece Eleftherios Venizelos. This attempt failed due to the heroism of Ioannis Markakis. He was one of the bodyguards of Eleftherios Venizelos that put his life at risk to save......
Welcome to Markakis Estate
Our venue is perfect for:
- Weddings: destination weddings of a boutique style, Symbolic and Civil ceremonies/ church weddings
- Private Events: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Vow Renewals
- Corporate events: dinners/ photo shoots/ workshops
For the variety of events scenarios, among its 1.500 sq.m, the venue offers:
- A spacious white Greek chapel of Saint Nicolas with a stone paved square. This square, being a house to the olive and palm tree surrounded by fig and bay leaf trees can accommodate a wedding ceremony of seated 70 people or smaller events.
- Cactus corner – right below the chapel, for perfect Mediterranean photo backgrounds
- Lounge level in between chapel and main event square
- Spacious village style square with partially covered area, cozy yet comfortable for events up to 100 people with full infrastructure of hired catering, bar, DJ. It is size and layout allow for ambient lights enhancement to match your event vision
- Verandas of the main house with a pool overlooking olive groves – a perfect spot for the pre wedding cocktail or family dinner
- Roof garden with a built-in couch and space for intimate gathering or romantic sip of wine
- Spacious ground floor room to accommodate needs of catering or other event vendors and their staff